OH MY! These amazeballs are just ah-amazing! Make them in large quantities and store them in the fridge for a few weeks. If you are like me and can't have them around because you end up eating'em all, freeze them and unfreeze from time to time.
In this recipe I made the balls with nuts and cacao and then dusted them in different coatings for a variety of flavors. Sesame seeds for an interesting mix of sweet and salty, pistachio for it's great color and taste, coconut because it is a must-have, and one of my favorites - matcha - which has a distinct and particular green tea taste. Try one or all!
Enjoy as a mid morning snack, afternoon pick-me-up or as cute after-dinner delights.
1 c hazelnuts
1/2 c cashews
1/2 c shredded coconut
2 tbs cacao powder
2 tbs chia seeds
2 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs maple syrup (optional)
Pinch of salt
- Matcha powder
- Pistachio slivers
- Shredded coconut
- Gomasio (sesame seeds with salt)
1.Throw the cashews, hazelnuts and shredded coconut into the food processor and pulse until it turns to a coarse flour, about 10-15 seconds. With the machine on, add the dates one by one.
2. Then add the remaining ingredients and blitz for about 30 seconds.
3. Grab a tablespoon worth of the dough and roll it into a ball. Place on a plate. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
4. Now place your selected dusting option in a small bowl, and roll a ball in the dusting until it is evenly coated. Place the ball back on the plate. Repeat with as many balls as you want.
5. Place plate in the fridge for about 30 min so they firm up. Then store them in the fridge for weeks.