These cuties are delicious and exotic. I used three different nuts here but pistachios take centre stage and provide the most flavour.
The combination of nuts, superfoods and dried fruits in these balls provide your body with healthy fats, protein and natural sugar for sustained and long lasting energy. They are very satisfying and will keep you full until your next meal.
They are best eaten as a snack, dessert, or even breakfast!
pistachio cranberry balls
makes about 20 balls
1/3 c raw unshelled pistachios
1/3 c raw cashews
1/3 c raw almonds
6 pitted medjool dates
1/4 c cranberries
1 tsp cacao nibs
1 tbs shredded coconut
1 tbs maple syrup
1 tsp coconut oil
1. Throw the almonds into the food processor and pulse until ground.
2. Add the dates, cacao nibs, shredded coconut, maples syrup, coconut oil and pulse until everything is combined together into a sticky dough, about 1 minute.
3. Now add the cranberries, and pulse for 15 seconds.
4. Finally add the cashews and pistachios and pulse again for a few seconds, enough to brake down and incorporate the nuts into the mix but not too much, as you want them to stay crunchy.
5. Scoop out 1 teaspoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Place on a plate. Repeat until the mixture is finished. Place the plate on the fridge for 20 min so they set.
* Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for weeks!