MAKES APPROX 10 PANCAKES
1 tbs chia
4 tbs water
3/4 c quinoa flour
2 tsp maca
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp himalayan salt
2 c almond milk
4 tbs maple syrup + more to serve
Coconut oil for cooking
3/4 c raspberries
1/4 c blueberries
2 tbs shredded coconut
1/4 tsp coconut oil
Vegan, gluten-free, and grain-free.
1. Start by mixing the chia seeds with 4 tbs of water in a small bowl, and let it sit while you prepare the rest.
2. Place the shredded coconut in a pan at medium-low heat with 1/4 tsp coconut oil, mix well and let it cook until it starts to brown, about 5-7 min. Turn off the heat and set aside.
3. Next, throw the blueberries and raspberries in a food processor and pulse until pureed, about 15 seconds. Set aside.
4. Now, mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl: the flour, maca, baking powder and salt. Then mix the wet ingredients in another bowl, the chia, almond milk and maple syrup, whisk to combine. Now add the dry mix to the wet mix and whisk to combine it all together into a batter.
5. Bring a non-stick pan to medium-low heat with a teaspoon of coconut oil. When the pan is hot add 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan. When it starts to bubble on the sides and the top, carefully lift and flip the pancake. Should cook about 2-3 min per side. Repeat until the whole batter is used up adding more coconut oil as needed.
6. Now stack your pancakes onto two plates. Add 1/2 of the berry puree onto each stack. Pour maple syrup over them and top with the toasted shredded coconut.