This is the perfect fall recipe for granola. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 40 to bake. Naturally sweetened with banana and dates and a hint of warming cinnamon, it doesn't need added sweeteners (unless you want it sweeter). In this recipe I used only nuts and superfoods and left out the inflammatory grains typically found granola, so its great for those in a grain-free and sugar-free lifestyles.
I like to eat it with almond milk as a healthy and tasty breakfast; with a cup of plain greek yogurt topped with berries; as a topping to a chia pudding; or simply on its own as a very satisfying snack. The yield of this recipe is not so big, since my equipment and kitchen are small I can't make big amounts, but you can increase the amounts to make bigger batches that can last for months stored in air tight containers. Its a simple, healthy and filling recipe, and I know you will love it!
BANANA CINNAMON GRANOLA RECIPE
PREP TIME: 10 MIN
COOK TIME: 40 MIN
TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
1/2 c almonds, roughly chopped
1/2 c pecans, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs chia seeds
1/3 c unsweetened shredded coconut
5 medjool dates, pitted
seeds of 1 vanilla bean
3 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs almond milk
pinch of sea salt
1. Pre-heat oven at 350F/175C.
2. In big bowl mix all your dry ingredients: almonds, pecans, cinnamon, chia seeds and shredded coconut.
3. Throw all the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy.
4. Add the wet paste to the dry ingredients in the same bowl and mix thoroughly until everything is well coated.
5. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and grease it with a touch of coconut oil. Spread the mixture evenly on the dish.
6. Bake at 350F/175C for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, give it a stir to avoid big clumps, and return to the oven. Bake for another 20 minutes, until golden brown. When its done it may still be wet and sticky but thats normal. As you let it cool it will become crunchy.
* Store it in an airtight container for months!
❤ Eat with almond milk (or any other nut milk).
❤ Eat with plain greek yogurt, topped with berries.
❤ Add it as a topping to a chia pudding.
❤ Enjoy it simply as a healthy snack. Pack it in little single serving bags and its the perfect on the go snack.